Do We Really Believe?
As believers we say we believe:
1. There is only one God.
2. The Bible is His inerrant word.
II Timothy 3:16
3. Jesus is the Son of God.
Matthew 3:16 and John 17:17
4. Jesus was born of a virgin.
5. Jesus ministered on the earth for 33 years.
Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
6. Jesus, being obedient to His Father, went willingly to the cross to die for the sins of mankind - for my sins
and yours - that we might have life eternal.
John 3:16, Mark 15, Matthew 27, John 18 & 19
7. He rose on the third day and sits at the right hand of the Father.
Matthew 28:1-7, Mark 16:1-6, Luke 24:1-9, and John 20:1-18
8. He (Jesus) is returning one day to gather those who have surrendered and followed Him to live with Him in
1 Thessalonians 4:16, 5:2
9. Those who do not know Him, who have rejected Him will be separated from Him for eternity, experiencing
anguish and torment in a place called hell.
There is much more. We say we believe, but do we really believe? If we believe what we say, why are we not more concerned for those who are lost, who don't know Jesus as their Savior?
Why have we become complacent about our own salvation? Why do we keep part of ourselves from Jesus, rather than surrendering 100% to Him? He gave His all for us - can we not give our all for Him?
According to Matthew 28:19-22, we are commanded to go and tell others; we each have our own story to tell of how Jesus has changed our lives. Are we going to be obedient and go and tell at the grocery store, the doctor's office, the beauty shop, the pharmacy - anywhere we go? We need to speak His name, sing His praises, give thanks and be obedient if we really believe!
May we each search our hearts and ask the Lord to reveal Himself and His will for our lives. May we live a life reflective of what we say we believe that we may fulfill His purpose for our lives. May God bless His people as we seek His will and are obedient to His call.
The Deacons hosted the Widow/Widowers of the church for the 2018 Christmas Dinner last night.
See below for some photos of our fun evening!